Sunday, June 24, 2012

Successful open house!

My family and friends helped make the open house a ton of fun and a very successful fundraising event. The Canucks Place Children's Hospice will receive a nice significant amount of money thanks to everybody that gave a donation. If you were here I'm sure you enjoyed your visit and I thank you for your donation. The pool cue winners name will be announced on this blog after we make the draw later this week.

It's impossible to keep track of how many people came this weekend but we're thinking 500 to 600. Thank you Kevin Rothbauer of the Cowichan Valley Citizen for an excellent job of writing the article that came out June 15th. http://www2.canada.com/cowichanvalleycitizen/news/story.html?id=97f676b9-e580-4e6f-af58-2b1cbd5dee56&p=1
It was an extreme pleasure for me to connect with a lot of old and new friends as well as the many people I didn't know until this weekend. Thanks for coming!

If you missed it and would like to see 'Murfitt' Call me at 250-746-0075 or Leave a comment on this post and we'll figure out when you could do that. Or Facebook me at www.glen.mcleod.5 @facebook.com
photos by good ol Warren Lange.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad the showing went well.
The press article was quite good as well.

Hopes that it is displayed in a very visual location where many can see it.

Dan O'

Burlman said...

You know Dan O'; I think one day you're going to make the trip from half a continent away. You'll see Beautiful British Columbia, and come to the Island and we'll sit around the burl shack and talk about wood. I'll give you a finished trimming from 'Murfitt' and you'll give me a finished trimming off one of your beautiful spalted oak tables. What do you say?

Anonymous said...

It would be enjoyable, no doubt.
It's interesting when dealing with individuals who appreciate wood for it's beauty. We are a unique breed and I, like you have mets some fantastic folks in my short "wood" journey.
My first love was cars and the Motorheads that are involved with them. Being raised in Detroit had a bearing on that, BUT my family has a background of woodworkers, including my Dad and Grandfather. Both of who know (knew) their way around wood to a professional level.
I became an Architect and dealt with the structural side, but Cars still were my first love, and still are running top of the list, but the more I mess with unique woods, the more I get HOOKED! (must be genetic).

Now i'm torn, time wise. You can't devote time to one love without the other suffering.

When I saw what you were doing up there in the"Great White" I was amazed. Yes I would LOVE to see this burl in person, but alas,,, the distance is great.
Maybe someday!

I have a few other projects you might find of interest and I'll e- a few photos. Your burl has made a place on my screen saver, so you know.

Dan O'