Thursday, May 25, 2006

A tribute to Peter Donald Murfitt


It's with great saddness that I say that Pete passed away on May14, 2006.

Pete will be missed by anybody that ever was fortunate enough to have known him.

If it wasn't for Pete, the burlshack would never have been constructed. A part of his life is in that burlshack, and it always will be. The quality and workmanship that he put into it is amazing.

I knew Pete for a short period of time, but my time spent with him was like an old friend that I'd known for years. It was humorous, relaxing, educational, and just plain pleasant.

The burl is drying out beautifully now in the burlshack because of Pete. He understood wood like nobody I've ever known, and he knew the importance of protecting it. He offered his help in such a giving way, and stuck with me until the burl was in a safe place.

I'll never forget you Pete, I want to thank you up there with all of my heart. You came into my life and did me one of the biggest favours ever done for me. You're a great friend and will be missed forever. It's an honour to have known you my friend. May the peace of the Lord be with you.

Glen