Monday, March 06, 2006

Giant Birdseye Maple Burl




This is the photo that I sent in to the newspaper. I would like to thank the Cowichan Valley Citizen for the article called "6000-pound burl unearthed". I was actually just trying to find out how much it would cost to put this ad in the newspaper. The lady I talked to (Shirley) said "It sounds like a story"

Since their story I've had the pleasure of meeting more than a couple hundred very nice people. All them very encouraging and supportive. I've had several offers for help. The Cowichan Valley is full of good people, I'm honoured to live amongst them.

The Victoria Times Colonist published a story of their own called "Giant burl object of Duncan mans love", and the A-channel in Victoria had it on the 5:00 pm news.






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A true labor of love.

I am deeply impressed.